Monday 19 March 2012

Feeling Foxy

I've set a rule for myself when I'm doing craft fairs: no straying from behind my stall and venturing near any other makers, especially not with a purse in hand. I have mantras I repeat to myself, like "I must end the day with more money in my cash box than I came with". And, "Stay put, do not be lured by that beautiful editioned print of a treehouse with an enticing rope ladder calling my name from the other side of the room." Or, "Don't go listening to that handcarved wooden badge of a moustached man whistling the tune of temptation." And, "No, you need no more screenprinted fabric lovingly sewn into a case the perfect size to hold your driving glasses".

Frankly, it's not working all that well. But at last weekend's Spring Fair, Brionny from Fox Bunting and I came up with a clever plan – we could do a swap. Then it wouldn't count as spending, so technically I wasn't breaking any of the rules.

And the best bit is that I got to take home this brilliant crochetdermy fox.



A cunning plan, non? Worthy of a fox.

(As a footnote, I feel obliged to admit that I may have succumbed to some other Fox Bunting wares on a previous occasion, when Brionny was at Reetsweet. Although as I wasn't exhibiting that day it doesn't really count as breaking my rule. Does it?)

 It was the Swan Print that forced pennies to leave my purse that day. 

And I'm rather partial to the foxy plates too. 

And the Mountain Cushions would look perfect on my chair. Yum. 


They're also doing a giveaway at the moment, where you can win a Crochetdermy Deer Head if you subscribe to the Fox Bunting Blog. Hmmmm, wouldn't he look smart next to his Foxy friend? He's probably missing him. I'd really be doing them both a favour by reuniting them...

This is the link to the Fox Bunting Shop. Not that I'm going there, you understand. Definitely not. My mouse is most absolutely not poised to follow the link. I know just where that plate could go though...

No comments:

Post a Comment