Saturday 11 August 2012

Whitby

Last weekend we did a whistle-stop tour of the North Yorkshire Coast. On Saturday we went to Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay, and on Sunday we played in rock pools in the beautiful fishing village of Staithes.

In Whitby I discovered I don't like seagul poo, slot machine arcades or crowds. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Whitby, fishing village, Whitby harbour, Whitby harbor, boats, fishing boats, north sea
Whitby Harbour

seafood shack, whitby, prawns, seaside, beach
 The Seafood Shack

 whitby, prawns, seaside, beach, yellow forks, prawn and lemon
Prawns on the promenade

 whitby, prawns, seaside, beach, yellow forks, prawn and lemon
More prawns


Magpie, Whitby, fish and chips, Magpie Cafe, fish and chips take-away, Whitby fish and chips
 Fish and chips from the Magpie for dinner

stripy rock, rainbow rock, multicolour, rainbow stripes, whitby rock
Whitby Rock

whitby abbey, abbey ruin, whitby
Whitby Abbey

Whitby wasn't the peaceful fishing harbour lined with quirky shops I remember from my childhood, although I did find a lovely little vintage shop called Dotty About Vintage which had a particularly lovely mustard yellow melamine teacup I wish I'd bought. Darn it.

And I did love my prawns on the pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment