Monday 17 September 2012

A page from a book

I'm soooooo tired. Really, really tired. The kind of tired that floors you and leaves you garbling sentences. Earlier today I met my neighbour who told me he was going to London on the train to visit his daughters and I asked him if he'd had a good time. Ridiculous.

So I should be posting about Renegade Craft Fair, but I don't trust myself to write anything sensible or be capable of choosing and editing pictures. Instead here are some photos of a 1930s book plate I bought from Peony & Thistle a while ago. Their shop is beautiful, and I love the name too.







I really like the suggestion of the faces in the audience underneath the trapeze artists, and the idea of a woman carrying all her siblings on her shoulders.

"These people perform feats which we thought only possible for the giant of fairy tales."

✩✩✩✩✩✩

Did I get through that without any mistakes? I promise there will be a Renegade Round-Up in the next few days. After I've slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment