Thursday 7 March 2013

world dressing-up day

Today is World Book Day. Another excuse to dress up my children.
Middle went into school this morning as Pippi Longstocking. Or Pippi Langstrømpe as I knew her when I was growing up. She's one of my all-time heroines. Middle especially loves the edition illustrated by Lauren Child (another of my heroines).
One of the best bits about dressing up as the girl from Villa Villekulla is that it's super easy - - - a bit of orange hair dye, some flower wire, stripy socks and you're there.

Today is also nearly-teen's birthday. As a present, he didn't have to dress up. Happy birthday you beautiful child.



12 comments:

  1. absolutely adorable! She has to be the cutest little girl I have ever seen. I have the sudden urge to dress up like my favourite character from a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! I didn't know Lauren Child had illustrated an edition of Pippi - I'll have to find it for my littlest girl who is a huge Lauren Child fan. I haven't commented before, but I do love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very first comment, Emma. And all the way from Australia too. I really appreciate it! Lauren Child's version is fabulous. I have to say, though, her illustrations are so good, they just left me wanting more and more. x

      Delete
  3. Es preciosa! Gracias por compartir. Quiero invitarte esta vez a refrescarte con mi ultimo shooting, Dip, dip, dip, muévete a verlo. Besos y besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan. Your photographs are amazing as usual. x

      Delete
  4. You have the most beautiful kids! She looks great. I'm such an idiot, I completely forgot to photograph Nelly in her Molly Moon gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget, Flora and then kick myself. She is very sweet though ... and she still hasn't let me wash out her red hair dye. She wants to be Pippi forever! x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Charmaine. She is lovely and always prepared to dress up and pretend. I love that about her. Apparently though lots of her friends had never heard of Pippi Longstocking, so had no idea who she was supposed to be ;(

      Delete
  6. oh my god. how flippin adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Francesca. Those plaits have barely left her head, although I did have to extract the wires before she fell asleep. x

      Delete